40yroldgoth would invite Hunter S. Thompson, Carl Sagan and Charles Bukowski.
candieaftersunset would choose Pochaontas, Jim Morrison & George RR Martin for a weed party in the hills of Tuscany.
redheadedfemme would want “the most devout of the Popes, Stephen Hawking, and Socrates at a party talking theology and philosophy.”
I would invite Varg, Euronymous and Dead just to listen to them bicker.
I hope I can magickally understand them tho, because my Swedish isn’t -that great, and my Norwegian is near to nonexistent.
I’d probably serve sushi at this dinner just to see if they can figure it out. I’m sure at some point Varg’s chopsticks will need to be taken from him, lest he try to stick them in Euro’s eyesockets and lobotomise him like that guy did in Session 9.
Dead would eat the sushi, not because he necessarily liked it, but because he’d hope eating something raw would gross the other two out.
I’d invite Sarah Kane (playwright), Rachel McKibbens (performance poet) and Jonna Lee (swedish musician) to a whiskey and Pictionary party because, odd and interesting as they are, they’d have the strangest ways of drawing things I’m sure. Also, when drunk later we could get into heated discussions about anything and everything, Kane brings the intellectual viscosity, McKibbens the emotional sucker-punch and Lee the creative originality. One would leave inspired for life.
Let me know if I missed anyone’s responses. Sometimes reblogs fail to show up in the notes, or messages are not received.
Photo: A garden party given by Governor Rawson for the Officers of the American Fleet at Cranbrook, Sydney, 1908.
Sorry for the radio silence - school started and other commitments got in the way. This will be rectified soon.
I’m just going through all the submissions for the “1 Question, 11 Answers,” and I’ll publish them shortly. Let me know if I missed anything/anyone.
Also, this is this blog’s 11th post!
Photo from Roger Wilkerson.
Starting this week, 11 Questions asks all of Tumblr one question, and posts the 11 best answers.
This week’s question is:
You can invite any three (3) people, living or dead, to a party. Magically, they’ll all be able to understand each other, whatever languages they speak. Whom do you invite, and what’s the party like?
- What would you serve?
- Where do you hold the party?
- Is it a dinner party, or would you invite them to a kegger, a dance party, a cuddle party, etc.?
- Is it a themed party? e.g. Hawaiian, Halloween, Hufflepuff
- How long does the party last?
- “I’ve always wanted to know what J.S. Bach was like, so I’d invite him and two of his sons.”
- “I’d like to know what Muhammad Ali, Bertrand Russell and Saint Thomas Aquinas would talk about over lamb chops.”
- “I’d invite Elvis, Errol Flynn and Socrates to a luau. What do you mean, ‘Why?’”
Photo from Roger Wilkerson.
There are four ways to enter:
- Submit your answer through 11 Questions’ ask box or submission form.
- Tag the post you want to submit (on Tumblr) with 1q11a.
- Tag your answer on Twitter with hashtag #1q11a. You can also send it to me @elevenquestions.
- Join our Facebook Fan Page and submit your answer, or a link to your answer, there.
Entries can be in a digital form, such as:
- A basic list of who you’d invite.
- A short story or essay describing the dinner party.
- An illustration, painting, or photo of the dinner party in action.
- A rhymed and/or metered poem, e.g. a sestina, a tanka, a sonnet, etc. No free verse!
- A video or animation.
- A photo set, animated or otherwise.
- Some combination of the above.
Deadline is Friday, August 10th, at midnight Pacific Time (UTC-8). Good luck!